Although it may be unhealthy, it cannot be denied that fried chicken is one of the most delicious foods in existence. The following is a simple recipe for fried chicken without using a deep frying machine.
Chicken drumsticks x 4 (although any piece can be used)
Egg x 1
Cajun spice or paprika 1t
- Wash the chicken then season it with salt and cajun spice. It is good to rub oil on the chicken as well to keep it moist.
- Let the seasoning set in for about 10~15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C and line an oven tray with tin foil.
- Pour the flour into a plastic zip-lock back. Place the chicken in the bag, seal it, then shake it to coat the chicken with the flour.
- Beat the egg then dip the chicken in the egg to coat it.
- Coat the chicken with breadcrumbs. You can sprinkle some thyme, oregano or parsley on top as well.
- Rub or spray some oil on the tin foil to prevent the chicken from sticking.
- Use a knife to make 2~3 deep gashes in the chicken. This helps it cook through.
- Arrange the chicken on the tray then put it in the oven for about 15 minutes until the top is golden.
- Flip the chicken over to make sure both sides are thoroughly cooked. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- When the outside is crisp and golden, take out the chicken and check that the inside is cooked well.
- Serve with some potato fries and vegetables.