There is a bamboo forest on a desert island. How can you use these?
- If you cut a section of bamboo so that one side is open, one side is closed, it becomes a cup.
- If you cut a section of bamboo and split it lengthwise, it becomes a dish.
- If you cut a section of bamboo and cut a wide hole in the side, it becomes a pot.
- If you cut a section of bamboo and fit a large rock on one end, it becomes a hammer.
- If you cut a branch of bamboo and craft it, it can be a spoon, fork or chopsticks.
- If you take a stick of bamboo and tie a string and hook at the end, it becomes a fishing rod.
- If you take a stick of bamboo and sharpen the end, it becomes a spear.
- If you take many large bamboo and tie them together, you can make a house, a bed or a raft to escape in.
The most important rule of survival is application.
As an addendum, bamboo is a grass (the largest in the world), not a tree.
This is because its stalk has become hardened yet still hollow, making it look like a tree. However, it has segments, shallow roots and dies after flowering (which can take decades) that are features of grass.