Having some experimental fun in the kitchen.
(Doing tomorrow’s tonight instead just because of my kitchen adventure)
Today I had my third go at baking (brownies again lol) because it’s my turn to bake for the team this week for O&G. See, I’ve always treated cooking like a bit of an…artistic science experiment. Baking more so because of the more precise measurements etc. In the process, I managed to:
- Have 200g of butter explode in the microwave. Literally. The mug completely flipped out inside with a loud clatter and spilled all the butter…EVERYWHERE. Took a freaking hour to clean it all up… Luckily I had just enough butter left.
- Guess (rightly) which setting to put the oven on. Seriously, those symbols might as well be hieroglyphs.
- Improperly cool the brownie. I didn’t know I was supposed to take it straight out and put it on a cooling tray. Instead, I left it in the tin to “cool”, leading to the bottom being gooey and the top being cookie-hard OTL
- Creatively rebaked the brownie by flipping it over, re-molding the gooey brownie to fill the spaces left on the “bottom” (now top) of the brownie, then sticking in the oven with top heat.
- Ultimately make a pretty tasty Oreo brownie! Not nearly as good as the one I made last time but this’ll do…
Anyway, baking is fun lol. But I think I’ll stick with cooking for now… And pancakes.
(Basically what would happen if I tried baking it)