The following logic problem was set by Einstein, who said that 98% of the world would not be able to solve it.
- There are five houses of five different colours.
- In each house lives a person with a special nationality.
- The five owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain
- brand of cigars, and keep a certain pet.
- No owner has the same pet, smokes the same cigar, or drinks the same beverage.
The question is: Who owns the fish?
- The Brit lives in the red house.
- The Mexican keeps dogs as pets.
- The Chinese drinks tea.
- The green house is on the left of the white house.
- The green house’s owner drinks coffee.
- The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
- The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhills.
- The man in the centre house drinks milk.
- The American lives in the first house.
- The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
- The man who keeps a horse lives next to the man who smokes Dunhills.
- The owner who smokes Bluemasters drinks beer.
- The German smokes Prince.
- The American lives next to the blue house.
- The man who smokes Blends has a neighbour who drinks water.